PARC Privacy Lunch
What is the Privacy Lunch?
- It's an informal meeting of Privacy & Security researchers hosted at PARC, roughly once a month, and, typically, on a Thursday, 11am-1pm.
- It usually features a talk, presenting (recent) work on privacy, given by a speaker from either industry or academia to an open audience.
- After the talk, refreshments will be served to foster discussion on Privacy & Security topics.
- We maintain the email@example.com mailing list to announce seminars and stimulate discussion on privacy topics.
- Anyone can join the list by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject "subscribe privacy-lunch".
(We will process your request as soon as possible.)
Thursday, January 17, 2013, 11:00am
Dr. Prateek Mittal (UC Berkeley)
Talk: Trustworthy Communications Using Social Networks
Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 11:00am
Prof. Apu Kapadia (Indiana University)
Talk: PlaceRaider: Virtual Theft in Physical Spaces with Smartphones
Thursday, April 11, 2013, 11:00am
Dr. Jonathan Petit (University of Twente, Netherlands, and UC Berkeley)
Talk: Security and Privacy of V2X Communication: Overview of the PRESERVE project
Thursday, May 16, 2013, 11:00am
Prof. Claudia Diaz (KU Leuven, Belgium)
Talk: Two tales of privacy in online social networks
Wednesday, June 26, 2013, 10.45am
Prof. Lorrie Cranor (Carnegie Mellon University)
Talk: Privacy Nudges for Social Media
CANCELED Thursday, July 25, 2013, 10.45am
Dr. Aleecia McDonald (Stanford University)
We expect the Privacy Lunch to involve researchers from Bay Area's companies/research labs and nearby Universities.
Nonetheless, if you are not based in Bay Area but planning to visit, please do not hesitate to attend or contact us if you'd like to give a talk.
The Privacy Lunch is currently organized by Emiliano De Cristofaro, in collaboration with Ersin Uzun and Julien Freudiger.
With questions, email email@example.com